We at CanPak Auto Inc. undertake the repair of entire brake system service from:
- Brake pedal to Hydraulic brake fluid
- Brake master cylinder to power brake booster
- Drum brakes to disc brakes
- Electronic anti-lock brake sensors
Front or rear
Remove and replace pads or shoes; resurface rotors or drums; inspect brake lines and components; test parking brake.
Replace Brake Shoes/Turn Drums
Remove wheels and drums, check shoe wear, check hold down springs and brake hardware, check shoe backing plate movement, check wheel cylinder for leakage and free movement. Check emergency brake operation, check drum measurements for specs, turn drums on the brake lathe. Remove old shoes, check backing plates for even shoe seat. Clean backing plates and hardware. Lubricate backing plate. Install new shoes and hardware. Install finished drum. Install wheel, and torque to specs. Check emergency brake for proper adjustments, road test for proper operation.
Brake Warning Signs
You need to repair brake when:
- the brake dashboard light glows amber, indicating problems with the anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- the brake dashboard light is red, indicating a system imbalance
- the brake pedal is spongy or slow to respond
- you hear grinding or constant squealing during braking
Any time you notice these or other symptoms, it’s a good idea to have your brakes checked.
During the inspection at Canpak Auto if it is found that your car needs brake repair service, we will explain exactly what’s required and can be done. We will provide you with a written estimate before any work is done.